By: June-Ellen Ottoson, Trainer – Fitness Propelled, AFAA Certified
It has been said that color affects so many of our emotions. Study after study has been done to see what colors make us hungry, what colors evoke anxiety and how they work in restaurant and home décor. The same principles apply to your fitness attire. If you are feeling drab and unmotivated, then donning some drab gear is not going to make you feel like busting out some squats with vigor…it is going to make you feel slow and not shake the mood. All black workout clothes are a popular choice because they produce a slimming effect, and black can be a powerful choice as well, but if you are only choosing that shade to make you feel slimmer you might want to add a burst of color that brightens you up. Yellow, for example, can add a little sunshine and make you feel excited about working hard. Red is a bold color and can provoke feelings of strength. Blue is strong and can boost confidence and a feeling of power. Green is a color that can make us feel calm and is a great and popular choice for yoga. A colorful headband or hat is also a good choice, even down to your shoes and water bottle!!! Amp up your workout with an amped-up attitude and some color.
Be sure to connect with us!
- Website: https://www.fitnesspropelled.com
- Follow us on Twitter @ FPropelled – https://twitter.com/FPropelled
- Like us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/FitnessPropelled
- Tumble with us on Tumblr @ http://fitnesspropelled.tumblr.com/
- Pin and follow us @ http://www.pinterest.com/FitNsPropelled/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUeuNEGlf9yilJ6Yd-pI5XQ/feed
- Instagram – https://instagram.com/fitness_propelled/
- View us on Yelp @ www.yelp.com/biz/fitness-propelled-llc-scottsdale