Christmas is right around the corner and lots of people tend to ruin their daily diets and gain a few extra pounds. Most people tend to gain additional weight during the holiday season that starts during Thanksgiving and ends with the New Year celebrations. Excessive eating is the main culprit for the additional weight gain, but it is also due to lack of physical activity and exercise.
Many individuals out there tend to set aside their fitness routines during the holidays since they believe that they do not have enough time for their workouts as a side effect we feel guilty after the holiday season and gyms and fitness centers are packed with fresh members in the New Year. Remember that you can still enjoy the holidays and stay fit at the same time. If you want to stay fit during the holiday season, especially during Christmas and the New Year’s Eve, here are 5 useful tips that will help you throughout the Holiday onslaught:
- 1) Be Active: Still perform your fitness routine whenever possible. Christmas is 1 day, so there is really only 1 day worth of excuses. During your time away from your norm simply walk more, park your car some distance away from the store or just use the stairs while at work.
- 2) Set Realistic Expectations: Set realistic exercise objectives. Remember to use the acronym SMART. Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time bound. Ex) Lose 1 pound in a week or to maintain my current weight for 1 week.
- 3) Eat Less and More Often: How many times have we heard that comment before? It is always best to be a grazer than a bulk eater. Small bouts of healthy caloric intake will definitely help you maintain your physique throughout the holidays.
- 4) Drink with Moderation: Simply because it is the Holidays does not mean it is time for your inner lush to come out. Stay your course and enjoy everything in moderation.
- 5) Be Selective with Treats: During the Christmas spread there will surely be a selection of treats. Be a selective sampler not a dessert finisher.
Be sure to connect with us!
- Website: https://www.fitnesspropelled.com
- Follow us on Twitter @ FPropelled – https://twitter.com/FPropelled
- Like us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/FitnessPropelled
- Tumble with us on Tumblr @ http://fitnesspropelled.tumblr.com/
- Pin and follow us @ http://www.pinterest.com/FitNsPropelled/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUeuNEGlf9yilJ6Yd-pI5XQ/feed
- View us on Yelp @ www.yelp.com/biz/fitness-propelled-llc-scottsdale