By: Shawn Jang (NASM-CPT, NASM-CES, NASM-FNS, NASM-WLS)
According to the National Academy of Sports Medicine, foam rolling, or self-myofascial release, is a “flexibility technique used to inhibit overactive muscle fibers.” Foam rolling is a great way to keep your body in top shape so you can achieve your fitness goals more efficiently and effectively.
Here are 10 benefits of incorporating foam rolling into your workout program:
- Relieves muscle strains.
- Increases joint range of motion.
- Prevents injuries and muscle cramps.
- Alleviates sore and tight muscle fibers.
- Reduces recovery time between workouts.
- Strengthens muscle contractions during exercise.
- Expands blood flow into targeted areas around the muscles.
- Improves flexibility and mobility with loosened muscle fibers.
- Decreases muscle imbalances between the left and right side of your body.
- Opens up muscle tissues to receive adequate amounts of oxygen and nutrients.
Be sure to connect with us!
Follow us on Twitter @ FPropelled – https://twitter.com/FPropelled
Like us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/FitnessPropelled
Tumble with us on Tumblr @ http://fitnesspropelled.tumblr.com/
Pin and follow us @ http://www.pinterest.com/FitNsPropelled/
View us on Yelp @ yelp.com/biz/fitness-propelled-llc-Scottsdale